At Yahoo, engineers get to change the way over billion people experience the world – every single day. We’re looking for explorers and risk takers who like to be surrounded by some of the smartest people in the industry while making an impact that really matters.
The internship lasts for 14 weeks, typically between June and October of the same year.
The Video Transcoding and processing team is building a highly scalable video processing system. Our products range from video transcoding, live streaming, video recommendation, and video backend APIs. Our team consists of innovative and enthusiastic scientists, de‐ signers, engineers and product managers looking to revolutionize video streaming. We’re looking for Product and Infrastructure interns who would like to immerse himself/herself with technology development on video.
Responsible for design, development and successful and timely completion of new features in video products
Collaborate with senior members in the team on designing system component, benchmarking and prototyping solutions
Perform simulations and collect data for in depth analysis
- Currently enrolled in BSc (with less than 1.5 years to graduation) in Computer Science, Electrical
- Engineering or a related technical field
- Coding capabilities in Java//Python and knowledge of CS foundations (data structures and algorithms)
- Industrial experience – Strong Advantage
- Have an Open source / Github hobby of coding – Advantage
- Experience working with some of the following: Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking and/or developing large software systems – Advantage
- Good communication skills, and ability to speak and write in English fluently