The Yahoo! Research Native Ads Science team in Haifa is looking for exceptional PhD & MSc students to apply to its intern program for the summer of 2022.
We seek graduate students who are passionate about making a significant business impact while applying state-of-the-art scientific methods to real-world data. Our mission is growing one of Yahoo’s biggest products dramatically and consistently every year. We consider the fact that such a key team is based in Israel as a vote of confidence by the company and a source of pride. We are also blessed with a talented engineering team, in Tel Aviv, who propel our scientific solutions by incorporating them in a web scale serving infrastructure.
About the internship:
The internship lasts for 14 weeks, typically between June and October of the same year. Interns are expected to work with our researchers to tackle research challenges, apply scientific thinking and techniques to improve the performance and effectiveness of our products, and solve problems for our users and advertisers by analyzing mountains of data. They will have the opportunity to publish their work in top-tier scientific conferences, as well as to impact a system that is responsible for many millions of dollars in yearly revenue. If this sounds exciting to you, then we may be a good fit for each other. If this sounds intimidating to you, not to worry, we have some of the most talented applied scientists in the world who will guide you through the process. In addition to a competitive salary, you will enjoy many perks like daily sports classes, a generous meal budget, team events, and more.
- Currently enrolled as a PhD/MSc student in Computer Science (or a related field) at a top university
- Strong computer science foundations in algorithms and data structures and the ability to apply them to real-world problems with a keen eye for time and space efficiency
- Strong programming/engineering proficiency. Experience in Java/Python – a plus
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to publish scientific papers and perform independent and collaborative research
- Experience with machine learning and big data analysis – a plus