Algorithm Optimization Specialist
About the job
We are looking for an Algo Optimization Specialist to join our R&D center in Jerusalem
In this position, you will be a part of an Algorithm Analysis team responsible for analyzing and optimizing algorithmic logic for all Via’s cities while understanding the business objectives of our clients. You will be responsible for investigating the algorithm behavior in different cities and handle incidents quickly and professionally. We don’t expect you to have all the required knowledge when you join us. Knowledge and skills will be picked up through an organized orientation and training process.
What You Will Do
- Process and resolve algorithmic issues while collaborating with Via’s operation teams around the world
- Work closely with Via’s Algo researchers, developers and analysts
- Take an active part in configuring algorithmic logic for all Via’s cities
- Implementing timely solutions to customer issues or escalating when needed.
Who You Are
- Studying towards a degree in Mathematics, Physics or similar – A MUST
- At least 1 more year till graduation
- Availability to work for a minimum of 2 days a week
- Good technical skills, unafraid of using new systems and technologies
- Passionate about details, highly logical and methodical
- A team player, excellent communicator and able to work collaboratively with other departments
- Super responsible, independent and taking ownership of issues from end to end
- Flourish under pressure and effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge with SQL – A MUST
At Via, we’re on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It’s on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!