Senior Backend Engineer:
We are looking for a Back-end engineer to join and lead its R&D. The position is to be part of the
engineering team in our product incubation group.
You will work directly with Product, UX, and our Front-end engineers to rapidly iterate on our
product and find the best solutions that will enable us to grow fast.
Take an active role in shaping our products architecture.
Lead the products design and planning phases and help translate the product vision into a
solid product that performs, scales and is easy to use for users.
Explore & learn new fields, APIs and cutting-edge technologies and transfer knowledge
to the engineering team.
Build effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions.
A B.Sc. in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Information Systems
An experienced (5+ years) backend engineer (Advantage: Java, Python).
Experienced in building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience.
Experienced with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, GCP/AWS (Advantage)
Familiar with cloud-based deployment (Preferred: AWS)
Conduct market research and analyze results to optimize growth metrics and funnels.
Collaborate with key stakeholders to create the product roadmap to align with the
Break down product roadmap to specific focus areas and create relevant product plans.
Create all required materials including wireframes, mocks, user stories, etc.
Collaborate with designers and R&D and lead the process of ideation, technical
development, launch of projects, and analysis.
Establish deep understanding of target markets and competitor landscape.
Develop a systematic approach to product incubation.
Promote a growth culture by proactively share results and learning.
4+ years of experience in managing a direct-to-consumer full product cycle.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, design, business, or related.
Experience in developing small product increments, AB testing, and rapid analysis.
Ability to synthesize complex requirements and turn them into clear specifications.
Highly analytical, good at using data to form hypothesis and defining KPIs.
Knowledge of Agile software development process.
Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Experience in working in a lean startup approach.
Highly effective communication skills.
Ability to work with multiple teams with different cultures.
Senior Penetration Tester-
Roles & Responsibilities:
Simulate attackers in order to detect vulnerabilities in SOMPO’s systems. Challenge Sompo’s current security controls.
Conduct authorized attacks to identify security vulnerabilities, through pen-testing, code review, vulnerability research, threat modeling, architecture review and more.
- Determine with Sompo’s business units the scope of work.
- Plan and execute attack scenarios.
- Create reports including mitigation recommendations and technical explanation on the security issues with matching level of risk.
- Present your conclusions to management and relevant parties, reflecting the gaps and business impact to relevant stakeholders.
- Working with the cyber startup eco-system to find innovative solutions.
Experience & Skills:
- At least 4 years of experience in cyber security where at least 2 years out of them in pentesting.
- In-depth understanding of computer systems and their operation.
- High familiarity with OWASP top 10.
- Excellent spoken and written communication in English – ability to articulate how vulnerabilities impact the business. Communicating methods to a technical and non-technical audience including executives.
- Vast experience in security systems in mid-large organizations.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Persistence to apply different techniques to get the job done.
- A team player who supports colleagues and share ideas and techniques.
- Plan and execute tests while considering client requirements and limitations.
- Ethical integrity to be trusted with a high level of confidential information.
- Commitment to continuously updating technical knowledge base.
- Advantage: Experienced in SDLC, threat analysis (STRIDE) and/or code review.