Backend Java Engineer
You will join a small, uniquely strong team that is focused on building and enhancing our analytics platform. You will have the opportunity to design and develop a challenging large scale system, as well as influence the culture and standards of our growing R&D organization.
As a member of the team, you will be occupied with designing, developing, and deploying new capabilities on the Datorama platform’s foundations and infrastructure, alongside with microservice components.
Who You’ll Work With:
You’ll be part of Datorama, who is the leading marketing intelligence platform, enabling marketers to centralise all of their data into one single source of truth, to optimise performance, speed-to-insight, and impact on growth.
You’ll be part of a group that champions a culture and work environment that promotes diversity and inclusion.
For more information about Datorama, check out: datorama.com
- Design, develop, test and deploy new capabilities on our platform. You’ll touch all parts of the stack – Spring MVC, PostgreSQL, Redis and AWS/Azure.
- Build features in a highly distributed environment using queues, locks, background jobs, websockets, real-time messaging and scheduling.
- Re-write and refactor significant parts of our server side to support our exploding growth.
- Build new micro-services with Spring Boot, Docker and Kubernetes. Design and plan for scale, follow the latest microservice architecture patterns.
- Code in bleeding-edge technologies, take part in the latest development trends, including rolling releases, high-paced development cycles and agile sprint planning.
- 2+ years development experience in a server-side environment and deploying web applications – (Java or C# – Must).
- Understand cloud-security & how to design systems with security in-mind.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Proactive developer – strive to understand why things are done the way they are and don’t take the present state for granted.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with dynamic languages (Node.js, Python, Ruby, Scala).
- Experience with cloud services: AWS / Azure / Google Cloud.
- B.Sc. degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.