About the job:
With over 12,000 employees worldwide in over 150 countries globally we are a leader in providing innovate data management solutions and market leaders around the world choose NetApp to help reduce cost, minimise risk and adapt to change. Globally NetApp participates in programs such as Great Place to work achieving high rankings in each participating country and #6 in The World’s Best Place to Work. All interns at NetApp make a difference and can feel the impact of their work whilst developing their skills and confidence in a safe, supportive and creative environment.
This is a customer-facing role within End User Services. Your skills at maintaining and developing key relationships with our internal business customers and at times external customers are vital. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help maintain good customer relations and desktop technical skills as you contribute directly to departmental goals and deliverables. Working in a professional environment on Desktop support key responsibilities include troubleshooting business systems and software issues, purchasing IT equipment, communicating with our International IT teams and supporting mobile communications & internal events. You will work as part of NetApp’s IT International EUS team. This team is responsible for a broad range of desktop technical support tasks covering Israel and you might be asked to support other countries too. Your core responsibility will be to help ensure that departmental objectives and task deadlines are met.
Test, build & configure customer laptops using NetApp`s imaging solution.
Laptop & mobile device problem diagnosis and resolution.
Ensure client satisfaction at every level of the business.
Provide new user training and education to New Hires & existing users.
Maintain communication with the customer in a professional manner at all times.
Continuously monitor and log all incidents using Service-Now call logging System Asset tracking of business hardware using our internal database.
Assisting Global IT team with testing & troubleshooting new IT tools & services
Manage & maintain stock levels for both existing and new systems.
Work collaboratively with other IT Team members when required.
Although part of small local team the ability to work independently is paramount.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong & proactive aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in our environment.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently.
- Be proactive when dealing with user issues and take ownership of user problems.
- Take ownership of all individual & assigned tasks prioritising those more crucial.
- You will interact primarily with your direct line manager, local IT Team and the International IT team.
- The ideal candidate will be an important contributor to the team and therefore the responsibilities need to be adhered to.
- You must be currently studying a Bachelor degree in one of the following technical disciplines: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related subjects like Mathematics, Physics.
- This internship is aimed at those who are ideally due to graduate in 2021/2 (undergraduate or Master degree) or those with at least one term/semester left of their course by the time they complete the internship.
- You should have the unrestricted right to work in Israel for the entire duration of the internship. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide sponsorship.
- You are available to work from 6 to 12 months as an intern.