DevOps Engineer – Micro Focus
Micro Focus is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving marketplace. That’s high tech without the drama.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic DevOps Engineer. You’ll work as part of a DevOps team to build, test and run the necessary infrastructure to automate, deploy, monitor, scale-up/down, backup, and manage CICD systems in a way that is as automatic and scalable for making our R&D life be easier!
• Plan, design, evaluate, code, implement and test the deployment, monitoring, scaling, and administrative infrastructure for the hosted deployment of Interest
• Build and document the procedures and policies around this system
• Manage hosted environment, respond to outages and defects, and iteratively improve the system.
• Help design and automate the CI/CD process making it faster and easier to release quality products both for Enterprise and for the Cloud.
• Manage multiple high priority tasks and work well under time constraints
• Manage source control like GIT.
• Utilize various open source technologies
• Use various tools to orchestrate solutions
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
• Typically 2 or more years of experience.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
• Scripting and coding skills with Python, bash.
• Good Linux & windows understanding and system admin knowledge
• Cloud, networking, security & DevOps tools knowledge.
• Automation experience in IT organization
• knowledge of virtualization technologies with Docker/Kubernetes, VMware, etc.
• Working experience with source control solutions like git.
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
• Team player
• Good time-management skills
• Interpersonal and communication skills