SW Development Engineer
Harmonic is the worldwide leader in software-based cable access solutions. We revolutionized cable access networking with the industry’s first virtualized cable access solution, enabling cable operators to more flexibly and efficiently deploy gigabit internet services to consumers’ homes and mobile devices. More information is available at www.harmonicinc.com
We are looking for a Junior SW Development Engineer to join our R&D site.
You will report to the Director of SW, in our Devices group.
You will be based in Caesarea
What You Will Be Doing
Responsibility for building an innovative product within Harmonic’s comprehensive portfolio of virtualized, data and video delivery products.
The position involve conception and development of next-generation Flagship products, services and systems for cable operators around the world.
You will be exposed to and learn about DOCSIS, Video and Data delivery over HFS networks, SW-based and virtualized solutions and complex distribution architectures.
You will also gain experience in advanced Linux programming and software delivery methodologies.
What You Should Have
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / SW Engineering from a well-known university
- 0-3 years of experience in C++ programming and OOP/OOD – (GPA of 85+ for those with no experience and 80+ for candidates with a proven record).
- Experience in Linux – advantage
- Multithreading / Multicore environment – advantage
- Knowledge of Networking protocols – advantage