General Motors Israel (Herzliya) takes a significant part in shaping the autonomous vehicle. We impact the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies. Within GM Israel, over 600 people working in a hybrid flexible mode on one of the most exciting challenges of our days.
Simulation is at the heart of autonomous driving (AD) development, testing, and validation. The ability to simulate the complex environment the vehicle will encounter, running simulations at scale, and making sure simulations have high fidelity compared to the real world are all critical throughout the AD product lifecycle.
The Simulation group develops, integrates and deploys simulation capabilities, interfacing with the AD SW stack, for both Software and Hardware-in-the-loop setups (SiL, HiL).
Simulated scenarios drive the AD development, while metrics are used as KPIs for tracking compliance to system and safety requirements.
As The Software Developer Student, You Will
- Design, implement, integrate, and optimize infrastructural core software modules for simulation clients and simulation content developers.
- Develop simulation workflows and supporting tools.
- Code in Python and C++ in Linux environment.
- Facilitate the Integration of the AD system in closed loop simulation.
- Write and maintain the architecture associated documents.
- Performance optimizations and tuning for simulation software.
- Develop and maintain simulation maps features.
- Know the interfaces between simulation and other components in the system: AD stack, CI and validation frameworks, both on system level, and on software level.
- Contribute to a high scale, fast-paced complex product.
Additional Job Description
What are we looking for:
- B.Sc. Student with at least 1.5 years to graduation, in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering /
- Engineering with relevant SW experience
- Independent, able to work on parallel tasks.
- Team player, can collaborate with people in different positions and capacities.
- Proven coding ability (Python essential, C++ advantage)
- Experience in software integration – Advantage
- Knowledge of Linux/bash/git – Advantage
- Good systems engineering capability and understanding – Advantage