SDV– ‘ Software Defined Vehicle’ is a new group that is developing vehicle intelligence platform whose features and functions are primarily enabled through software. This is a significant part of the ongoing transformation of vehicles from being mainly hardware-based to a software-centric electronic device on wheels. The SDV teams are supporting the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility service.
GM SDV team defines Ultifi, an “end-to-end” software architecture designed to facilitate software-driven features and functionality to continually adaptable to consumer wishes , emphasizing security and safety as one of its primary objectives.
The group is part of a wider division which is responsible for the development of new automotive features such as Autonomous Parking Assistance and Viewing Objects Detection.
These features are part of the new cutting edge technologies in the growing and fascinating autonomous driving world.
The main activities of the group is development of sophisticated testing environment for efficient validation and testing execution.
About Your Role
- Working together with multi-disciplinary system and SW groups in definition, designing and testing of the new technologies which are going to be used on the GM vehicles with autonomous capabilities. Such as autonomous parking assistance, objects detections using cameras and image processing features.
- The job includes designing and development of new testing environments and automatic setups, installation of testing infrastructure, and testing tools.
- You will also debug SW and HW products to ensure correct behavior, determine failures root causes and to recommend on corrective actions together with our SW and algorithm groups.
What Will You Do
- We’re looking for a talented Student for QA and Validation work, to join the group, helping the team to raise our quality standards. By testing various software and algorithm applications.
- Developing and executing test plans which are validating various software and algorithm applications developed in house, integrated into the electrical and autonomous vehicles.
- Root causing for founded defects and execution of performance analysis.
- Maintenance and development of testing environment / setups to improve robustness and efficiency.
- Improve testing and regression environment by adding automation features and automatic scripts
Additional Job Description
What Are We Looking For
- Student In Electronic or Computer engineering with at least 1.5 years to graduation
- Practical experience in designing and developing SW – Python preferences
- Knowledge in Agile, Scrum and Continues Integration
- Creative tests cases, writing and out-of-the-box thinking
- Self-Fast-Learner, Responsible, Great communication skills, team player, and details-driven character
- Excellent English skill both written and verbally