Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Discover Production Engineering
Production Engineers at Facebook are hybrid software/systems engineers who ensure that Facebook’s services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth. They are embedded in every one of Facebook’s product and infrastructure teams, and are core participants in every significant engineering effort underway in the company.
The Production Engineering team is introducing the Discover Production Engineering Program to EMEA — a 12-month opportunity designed to support those interested in both software and systems engineering. Engineers in the program will be assigned a manager and join teams that are on the cutting edge of software development. They will become knowledgeable about the software being built and how it might interact with the servers and other services. At the end of the program, those who have demonstrated their abilities to succeed and have an impact in Production Engineering, may be considered for a full-time position as a Production Engineer.
The Discover Production Engineering Program will be based in Dublin, Ireland and London, UK this year. For qualified candidates who are accepted into the Discover Production Engineering Program, visa and relocation assistance will be offered.
Here are the Minimum qualifications for a role, so this can include fresh graduates or those looking to jump start a new career in Production Engineering:
- 2+ years of full-time work experience in any industry
- Coding experience in higher level languages (PHP, Python, C++, and Java)
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of applications, for example: Web Servers, Internet Caches, Proxies, SQL, Storage Systems, Messaging Systems, SSH, and DNS
- Experience in engineering, or a related technical discipline
- BS or MS in Computer Science, EE, ME, CE (Engineering & Science)
- Experience learning new development languages, new software, frameworks and APIs
- Knowledge in large-scale internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN’s), even if you haven’t worked on one
- Detail oriented