We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated DevOps Engineer.
Come join a dynamic group in BMC working on a next-generation cloud-based solution for IT management.
You will be working with a team to maintain and evolve our Cloud-native direction.
The role drives business value through technical innovation such as simplification, extensibility, automation, and supportability.
- Automating and apply development principles to the operational practice of SaaS management.
- Transform legacy technology to cloud-native.
- Take part in evolve cloud observability to use industry-standard tools.
- Participate with Development and Operations teams to deliver new services that bring new value.
- Conduct root cause analysis with the cross-functional teams after service disruptions, identify opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in designing migration solutions to take legacy BMC customers to cloud-native solutions with zero to minimal impact and speed.
- Automate delivery of infrastructure as a service.
- 3-5 years of experience working for a software engineering company.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (RnD, CS, DevOps, SecOps)
- Work with different Linux distributions for RnD as well as DevOps purposes.
- Experience working on a service/product based on CI/CD pipelines and tools like Jenkins.
- Strong at initiating communication
- Experience in the following:
- Web service protocols (REST, JSON) implementation
- Relational DBs (e.g. PostgreSQL, MS SQL, mysql) usage with code or admin.
- Knowledge working on technologies such as Kafka, Zookeeper, Cassandra, ActiveMQ, Postgres, Victoria
- Metrics, MSSQL, EFK, Kubernetes, Public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid cloud deployments.
- Within Kubernetes, knowledge on deployments and coding for persistent storage, VPC, ingress, routing, sets.
- Work with Docker and containers.
- Coding in Ansible, Shell, Python, etc
- Using deployment tools like Jenkins, Spinnaker, terraforms
- Experience working with managed versions of Kubernetes, Docker technologies, such as EKS, AKS, GKS.
- Work on services in agile processes.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools like Spinnaker, terraforms