About the job
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Android Engineer to join our awesome Tel Aviv mobile team. The team is responsible for mobile apps that affect the lives of millions of diners. By joining our team you will take part in designing and developing diverse and complex features that change how diners order their food by enabling them to order ahead, pick up their food and save time.
You will collaborate with the US teams on a regular basis and will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and grow in our R&D site.
- Design, implement, deliver, and test awesome features in the main Grubhub user app while understanding our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions that are easy to use and understand
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute
- 4+ years of experience building Android apps in Java and Kotlin.
- Working knowledge of the Android platform and tools.
- An understanding of Android app architecture and use of design patterns.
- Demonstrated skills in writing and testing high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code.
- Experience with Android Jetpack: ViewModel, Data Binding, Live Data and more
- Strong understanding of user interface & user experience.
- Experience with at least two of the following: Retrofit, Dagger and RxJava.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git).
- Experience with Espresso, Robolectric a plus